Sunday, October 31, 2010

I CAN'T clean the floor...fo' reals...

Anyone catching me at an unguarded moment will be able to tell without hesitation that I live with a preschooler. I find myself constantly humming the song that Moose sings on NickJr, "I feel like I'm falling for fall..."

It's NOT fall around here though. Can you believe it was 81 degrees yesterday? I put away all my summer clothes and have yet to find a pair of jeans that fit...I'm going to be clothed in the unseasonably green leaves soon. Hey! That might work! I can be Eve for Halloween! Despite the Biblical basis, I don't think it'll be appreciated at the church Trunk or Treat this evening, do you?

I went to get my new Hoover Floormate today because I was feeling uncharacteristically industrious and had a legitimate reason to NOT sweep the floors: the Floormate smells like buttcrack. Seriously. I've had it approximately two weeks and it's been used 3 times. Despite the manual saying it's unnecessary, I have emptied it between cleanings. The canister that the dirty water/sweeper crap goes into smells so bad that I took the canister outside on the back porch. I really was going to vacuum the floor today, but not if it'll make my house smell like nasty trash. I'm a little peeved...that damn thing was expensive. Hopefully, I can get a hold of the company tomorrow and figure out how to de-stink it.

My husband is NOT coming home for the holidays. He's making a sacrifice and heading to Dubai instead to crash with a friend so we still get his R&R bonus, but don't have to pay for the airfare home. Wait a minute...I'm home by myself with a preschooler clinging to my leg and a baby hanging from my breast and he's staying with a friend in another city, going sight seeing and such with no kids... Scratch the "sacrifice" comment, that sounds like a freakin' vacation. Holy Mother, I've been had...

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment