Monday, October 4, 2010

A fish called "Grace"


I feel like all I have been doing lately is yelling at AC. She doesn't do what I say, when I say, doesn't do things quickly enough, and always wants something while I'm busy. Of course, the days I am acting like a particular hag are the days that she looks at me sweetly out of the blue and tells me how much she loves me. Today was one of those days. I felt like an ass. At Bible study, (we're doing a study of Jonah) it was all about how God gives us second chances. When we, like Jonah, run from what God has asked us to do, impersonate obedience, or excuse ourselves from following His directives, we get ourselves into a big mess. God caused Jonah to be swallowed by a fish, spit up on shore where he started out, and gave him the SAME instruction. It's just like I do with AC, it's like God telling me verbatim, "Put that down, pay attention and do what I told you to do in the first place." The difference, however, is that God extends grace to me. The words might be the same, but He is love and I am all frustration and anger. I get it, God, I'm working on it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was having horrible stomach pain this evening. It was so bad at one point that I was on my hands and knees on the floor rocking back and forth. I suddenly remembered the Dicyclomine my doctor had prescribed for just such occasions...and I took one. Of course, AFTER I popped the pill is when I thought to Google it to see if it would interfere with breastfeeding. Yep, it can cause infants to have trouble breathing. Great. I called the pharmacy and ascertained that I do need to pump and dump for the next 10 hours. Suck. Nursing is what gets me through the long, loud, gassy nights. Looks like I'll be tired in the morning. AC thinks it's great though, she got to give her sister her very first bottle!


Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment