Friday, October 1, 2010

Random bits of pajama day

I'm going to begin by stating the obvious, no blog last night!

We had parent watch night at dance class. It would've been funny had it not been my child! I want so badly for her to be a well-behaved kid that I sometimes don't find the humor in the things she does. I DID, however, stifle giggles at her reactions after being told to go stand on her own spot, check out the video...it's funny.


Post dance, AC went home with Nana for that hot dog and I went home to await one of the most wonderful ideas to ever reach fruition...the post-baby meals on wheels. I LOVE having someone bring food over, especially when it includes dessert. Granted, it's a little awkward standing at the door like a starved puppy and having someone bring me food like I'm helpless. I tend to feel guilty, like people are thinking, "Good Lord, you can't get yourself something to eat? Would you like me to wipe your chin too??" Before I get a bunch of responses to that statement, let me say that I KNOW people aren't really thinking that (well, maybe some are), but I can't help feeling that way. After they go about their business leaving me with food I didn't have to make, I thoroughly enjoy the experience. Like last night, armed with only a fork and a NetFlix movie, I inflicted serious damage to a pan of lasagna and brownies, respectively. Afterward, I felt kinda sick... AC then came home and all three of us fell asleep on the couch watching Veggie Tales. Hence, no blog.

Oh! Before I forget, update on the mouse situation! No dead ones yet. I've set traps in the kitchen and have yet to kill one of the little buggers though I did vacuum up some turds in front of my pantry. All of the food in the house is either in the fridge, the breadbox, or the pantry. Clearly sensing this, the mouse searched fruitlessly for a way into the pantry and dropped some ass in consternation. That's just my theory, I obviously watch too many cartoons... Anyway, the landlady came by today and spread some poison around in areas that will not affect our health in any way, but I seriously hope will affect the health of the mice attempting to take over. The exterminator she called was uncomfortable spraying (or whatever they do) with such a small baby in the house.

On the plus side of things, I got $100 from my grandma today! Woo Hoo! I'm not particularly excited about this birthday, but getting money is ALWAYS a good thing. I was going to buy myself something nice seeing as it's a milestone birthday that I will be spending alone (except for my girls, both of whom are too young to surprise Mommy). I can't bring myself to shop though, as it hasn't been that long since I dropped a bundle on a new MacBook, iPhone, and signed us up for internet and NetFlix. I think I've covered both my birthday AND Christmas with those purchases. Birthdays aren't nearly as much fun when the money for your presents comes out of your own bank account...

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment