Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's my birthday and it'll suck if it wants to

Ok, so it didn't totally suck. I really wasn't expecting anything as my husband is overseas and my parents are in KC. I got some really wonderful birthday wishes on Facebook and mom and Clayton called. We just stayed in our pajamas today until I had to get the girls dressed for pictures. My friend, Cindi, who took maternity and newborn pictures for me, took some of the girls together today. We had lunch together at her house and let the kids play for a little while (she has a son a few weeks younger than AC).

All in all, birthdays as an adult are much the same as any other day. There is still laundry, dishes, and care-taking to be done. No one really makes a big fuss and that's ok. To be honest, I forgot it WAS my birthday until I logged on Facebook this morning and saw the birthday wishes. It's just that this is my 30th birthday, for some reason I thought it would be a little more momentous than this... Not exactly sure what I expected, but I expected something. Maybe to feel different? To all of a sudden have this "being a grown up" thing down seeing as I am, irrefutably, an adult? Who knows...

Momma the dairy cow better wrap this up. Rory is hungry and crying!

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

1 comment:

  1. If you lived closer, we could have done something nice for your birthday. I love the videos of Ariel......she is a bit more coordinated than her mom was at that age....LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete