Monday, October 11, 2010

It's been a congested pumpkin poop day

I'm sick... And I've noticed that my inability to yell has affected my capacity to parent effectively. (Note the correct usage of "effect" vs. "affect".)
It's been a long few days. Yesterday, we were all dressed and ready for church, I had even flat ironed AC's hair and it hung in shiny, silky waves down her back. Gorgeous. Well, I get out of the house and realize I forgot my phone. No biggie, we'll head back home and grab it. Not to be, my friends, AC had my phone last. Moms know what that means, it means that God Himself night not be able to divine it's whereabouts. Well, a good hour of yelling, badgering, goofing around and getting in trouble for it (AC), and hysterical near-misses later, I saw that my
cousin was online on Facebook. I got her on im and had her call my phone over and over until I found it. It was in the car...UNDER her carseat. I get pissed just thinking about it.
During all of this, Rory couldn't be upstaged and released 3 days worth of poop all over my couch and her church clothes. Hooray.

All crisis in check, we headed to do Mommy's errands and ended up at Cheddar's for lunch. I think we had hit our drama quota before noon, so the afternoon turned out pretty well. It might also have had something to do with the potato soup and bloody beer that Mommy had for lunch.

I woke up this morning having succumbed to the sore throat I've been fighting since Friday.
I sound like a 60 year old smoker. I didn't FEEL like doing anything other than sitting on my butt all day, but had promised AC a trip to the pumpkin patch, so we got showered (and had a lot of fun with AC's bath crayons...there were purple mustaches involved) and went. I really wanted a fairy tale pumpkin, but the few they had were not so good looking. Mommy will have to wait to get herself a pumpkin. Not sure yet what we will do with the big one AC got. I don't know if I want to clean it out and carve it or if I want to try a recipe I've had for quite a while. It's for a stew that you make and then bake in the pumpkin. We'll see.

I don't know what it is with my kid and explosive poops, but if I thought all the previous poops I've encountered were bad, I was wrong. Tonight Rory had such a bad poop that I wished I had a HAZMAT suit. It was ALL OVER. I had put her in the Boppy and was starting a movie for AC when I noticed that Rory's sleeper was wet. Well, it wasn't just wet, it was soaked. How long must she have been sitting in that slimy poop for it to soak through her sleeper?? Thanks for the heads up, Rory...
Well, my head hurts and I'm tired. Goodnight!

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

3 comments:

  1. Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh yuck you had to include a picture!!!???

    ReplyDelete