Sunday, October 17, 2010

Abundance of truth and peace

Last year, I was at a women's retreat at church and during the communion, I felt like it had become a ho-hum experience for me. There was no deep meaning to me, personally. I asked God to give me something, anything, that would make taking communion meaningful to me. He did.
Jeremiah 33:6 "Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."
That doesn't, at first glance, seem like it applies to a tiny cracker and a thimble of grape juice. However, the last part about revealing the abundance of truth and peace jumped off the page at me.
The bread is the flesh, but bread is also referred to as the Word sometimes. The Word is truth. In taking the bread, I am remembering that promise that God will reveal to me the abundance of His truth. He will make my way straight.
The wine is representative of His blood. The blood of Jesus brings peace. I imagined peace washing over me like a wave. He will reveal to me the abundance of His peace. I REALLY need that.
This seems a little disjointed upon review, not articulated well. I really felt like I needed to write this out as my next post while taking communion this morning at church. It may be that no one will read it, but I may stumble upon it later when I need to be reminded of His promises and the way He fulfills His promises.

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment