Friday, March 30, 2012

Heart Vomit

**Warning:  The following post is what I like to call "heart vomit".  It may have no bearing on your life whatsoever, but it's something I feel the need to have written somewhere.  It's more of an exploration of the inside of my head than anything else.  It may not even make sense.  This is NOT prose.**




Since following God's orders and auditioning for the worship ministry at church, I've been thinking a lot about worship.  At one point I was asked to describe the best worship I have ever experienced.  I've come up with two after much rumination after the fact:

1.  Gut worship.  

If you've never experienced gut worship (my neologism), I don't know if I'd ever be able to explain it to you.  It's taken different manifestations in my life from uncontrollable tears to standing still in silence.  There comes a time when you are so overwhelmed by God that there's nothing else you can do.  I think the way it manifests physically depends a lot on what's going on with me.  There have been times when it seems like I can't even stand anymore, my "gut" is so overwhelmed.  There are people who have seen this happen to someone and attribute it all to emotion.  Emotion is involved and is how much of what is experienced is expressed, however, it's not at the core of what's happening.  If you've never been overcome by who God is, not by some portion of Him like grace, mercy, love, etc., but simply by WHO He is in His entirety, you might not understand this at all.  

2. Joy worship.

I don't mean the run down the aisle or laughing uncontrollably kind of thing, but to be swept off your feet by the joy and beauty in an everyday moment in your life.  There is worship in dancing with your kids, thoroughly enjoying dinner with your husband, hugging your mom...  

It's been a while since I've experienced the first, but the second comes into my busy mom life a lot.  Thank you, Lord for those moments; those experiences that have come in both good and bad times.  I'm blessed regardless of my situation and that is said in all sincerity, with no piety, as more of a quiet acclamation than anything else.

Until Then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment