Friday, March 2, 2012

Short post this evening

I'm part of a group for stay-at-home moms.  I showed up to the playdate this evening without my girls as they were at my in-law's house.  Seeing as I've been running around all day, I showed up in the same comfy clothes I wore to yoga this morning...and because I'm a good friend of the hostess of said playdate, I also showed up in my houseslippers.  Don't judge, I don't wear them to Wal-Mart or anything, but I knew I wasn't getting out of the car before getting to her house, I figured it wasn't a big deal.  I also knew said hostess had spent the day babysitting someone else's kids only to then open her house that very evening...did I also mention she's trying to SELL her house??  Yeah, she totally needed the alcoholic slushy I picked up for her before heading over (alcoholic slushies available at a drive-through...sometimes I think God really did bless Texas).

So, here I am, in my nasty yoga clothes, minimal make-up, slippers, bearing two 32oz alcoholic slushies...only to walk into a playdate full of potential and/or new members.  Hooray.  As the Membership Vice President of our organization, I am the first person these people contact in order to get more information...and THIS is my first impression.

We had a great time in spite of my less than stellar entrance and I *hope* these ladies and their sweet babies will be back.  At least they know our group isn't very uptight!

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment