Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick Update

I was kind of MIA while Clayton was home.  Between the two girls and I, we had 4 sicknesses!  It always seems to happen when he comes home.  On one hand, it sucks because we can't do/go everything we intended to, however, on the other hand, there's at least another adult here to help wipe noses and clean up puke.

I had a FABULOUS time while he was home and was utterly spoiled.  We went on our first overnight date since having kids!  I felt like a real grown up!  We drove to OKC and ate at the Cheesecake Factory, the best part was the salted caramel shake that had alcohol AND chunks of pretzel in it.  Fo' reals, I'm going to find that recipe online and pin it.  We stayed in a nice hotel.  You know the kind, the ones with the doors on the inside that serves real orange juice at breakfast??  It's been a while since I've been to one of those too.  The next day it was good to be Mommy.  We hit up the Coach outlet and I got, not only my first Coach purse, but a matching wallet, another purse and matching wallet, a multi tote, sunglasses, and a scarf.  Yup.  The saleslady was jealous as Clayton kept asking me if there was anything else I wanted...  I could get used to this!!

We also joined the rest of society and bought iPads.  It's the most frivolous purchase, but it's so fun to have.  It's also good for the girls.  AC has logged many hours already playing Umi Zumi math games, reading Dr Seuss books, and watching Ruby Gloom on Netflix.  That last one I'm not so stoked about...wait, that's not true.  I really don't care that she's watching it, I just like to make it seem like she's doing strictly education things, it makes me feel better.  What a good mother I am, right??  I may or may not be using it primarily to play games...

Speaking of games, I love bunco.  I've played 3 times and have won twice!  Woo!  Go me!  I love going home with more money than I showed up with as well as having been fed and having had conversation with people to whom booger picking isn't an issue.

I'm super tired and am pretty sure I'm ready to hit the hay.  Well, I really am not going to go to sleep.  I'm going to watch Netflix in my bed while playing games on my iPad.  Who knows, I might even take my Coach purse to bed with me too...it still smells like new leather.

Until Then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment