Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekend Update

It's been about a week!  I didn't intend to go so long, but we drove to Kansas last week and it's been a bit "whirlwind-y" since.

Clayton is home and, after getting home from my mom's, we've been running like crazy trying to get some things finished.  He's been making phone calls in an attempt to find a state-side job.  I'm really getting tired of doing this on my own.  I'm not complaining, but I sometimes forget how much easier it is to do things like, say, stop for gas on a car trip when there's another grown up to help.

We took the kids to the park the other night after dinner.  Seeing as it was so nice out, it was a busy place!  AC quickly found two girls around her age to play with and when I overheard them introducing themselves, I started laughing.  My 5 year old was masquerading as a 10 year old British kid!  No joke, she assured the girls she is 10 in the Queen's English.  LOL, I didn't call her on it at the time, but we talked about it on the way home.

I think my favorite park moment, however, was when Rory was running around on the jungle gym and a little girl approached her.  This poor kid tried to introduce herself only to be cut off by a patronizing, "I not you fwiend."  I was both embarrassed at my child's horrific manners and, I'll be honest, a bit jealous.  How many times do you wish you could cut someone off mid-sentence and shut that whole business down before it even starts??  I asked her later why she said that.  In her own words, she simply stated that she doesn't know that girl and, therefore, they are not friends.  At least she was smiling while she delivered the news...

Until then,
AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment