Sunday, March 3, 2013

Now entering a "no yoga pants zone"

We're headed to my mom and dad's in a few days.  Clayton will be flying in and my brother and his family will happen to be there as well, a stop-off on their move from California to North Dakota.  Seeing as we will all be in one place for a few days, my mom wants to get family pictures taken.  After much debate, my mom, sister-in-law, and I decided on a color scheme consisting of red, gray, black, and denim.  Shopping for the kids wasn't the easiest.  Seriously, it was the beginning of February and I had a h*ll of a time finding sweaters and cute boots, however, were I looking for bathing suits, I'd have hit the jackpot.  I know retailers are attempting to get a "jump" on the upcoming season, but, fo' reals, can't we have some cold weather options while it's still, you know, cold??

After an entire day dragging the girls from store to store (and then to the mall...on a Saturday, no less), I managed to cobble together what I think are cute outfits.  My mom and I tend to differ on "photo quality outfits".  I tend to lean more towards cute cable knits, leggings, layers, boots or sneakers.  Like a mini version of what is trendy for high school/college age.  Mom errs on the side of Texas.  She wants bling and ruffles accented with bling and ruffles.  We'll have to see if my kids end up being actually photographed in the outfits I picked out, Mom may run a bait and switch...

I appraised Clayton of the picture situation and he ordered a shirt and I'm bringing him some shoes.  Kids? Check.  Husband? Check.  Me?  Wait...what am I going to wear?!?!?!?!?  This is the part I HATE.  It never fails that on the day I am going to have a picture taken, my body decides to bloat, hair to frizz, and I end up a screaming crying mess, sitting on the floor of my closet pouting.  It's not pretty.  Actually, that happens pretty much any time I have to be dressed decent for something.  Yes, I have a closet FULL of clothes, but they aren't PICTURE/EVENT clothes!!  I need something I feel comfortable in, but my yoga pants and Think Geek t-shirt just won't cut it...  I need something that makes me look like I did at 20!  No rolls, only one chin, please.

I've decided to pack things that will "work" and will raid my mom's vast chasm of a closet with all it's expensive, glittery things when I get there.  Here's hoping.  And I'll take my own medicine, I advised my mom to read this blog and keep it in mind on picture day.  Easier said than done, but I know I'll be glad we did the pictures when it's all over.  Thank God we have breakfast plans at Cracker Barrel after the shoot...

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment