Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oprah started it, pt III



Yep, more Oprah questions!

11. Where do you like to vacation?


Where do I like to "vacation"??  Using the word "vacation" as a verb as opposed to a noun suggests that I enjoy vacations on a regular basis.  Alas, 'tis not the case.  I'd love to be in a position to do so, and were I in that position, I'd vacation to...wait for it...DISNEYLAND!!!!  And Scotland, don't ask, I'm a trifle obsessed with the place, culture, history, brogue, men in kilts...*sigh*


12. Who do you admire?


I admire a lot of people.  I admire the ladies in my Bible study for being willing to be so transparent.  I admire my husband for making such a huge sacrifice for the good of out family.  I admire my mom for a LOT of reasons, mostly because she had a clean house, dinner on the table, and chores done all with three kids underfoot.  Like I said, there are quite a few.  I'm going to stop with that because the answer to this question could easily turn into a sappily feel-good soliloquy.


13. What is your mission?


My mission, as I've accepted it, is to destroy the Evil Lord Dust Bunny and his minions and save my floors from their treachery!  HA!  If someone asked me this question at a dinner party, I'd laugh...hard.  Are you serious?!?


14. If you were invisible, where would you go?


The boys locker room *insert adolescent titter here*  This sounds like a truth or dare question.
Seriously, I don't know, I'd probably walk around naked all the time...or bra-less.  First, I think I'd see if I could trade invisibility for the ability to cause a room to clean itself by singing and snapping my fingers like in Mary Poppins.  That'd be awesome...


15. What traits in others are you attracted to?


Okay, if this is a dinner party question, it should be reserved for a SINGLES dinner party.  No matter how benign the asker's intentions, I'd still feel the need to flash my wedding ring at them pointedly and dodge the question.  


See how smoothly I dodged??


Okay, questions over for now (there's one more installment).  I answered more of them this time because I couldn't think of something suitable to blog about and was feeling less than creative.  There is one anecdote I want to share, but it wasn't enough to create and entire blog around.  


My grandma came back from Wal-Mart complaining that the bluetooth on her car wasn't working right.  She had tried to call a few people and the voice activation wouldn't recognize/follow her instructions.  Mom promised to go out to the car later and check it out.  In a discussion a few minutes later, she was saying that she had intended to call us in Wal-Mart to see if the item she was picking up was correct, but had realized she forgot her phone...  Yes, she thought she could call from her car WITHOUT her CELL PHONE.  Fo' reals.  I laughed so hard and proceeded to good-naturedly tease her about it, asking if she was thinking that her car could channel her thoughts and call with her brain waves.  That, in turn, turned into me screwing up my face and attempting to "call" her across the room.  It was hilarious.


Until then,


AC 'n' Rory's Mom


Oh, I've been thinking of doing a photo caption contest every weekend.  No prizes, that will have to wait until I have product endorsements (one can dream...).  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment