Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oprah started it, pt. II

**Disclaimer: I don't know why the spacing on this post is so screwed up. I tried to fix it a few times, it didn't work and so I gave up, 'nuff said.**

If you're just joining us, I'm answering Oprah's dinner party questions. Don't ask, I have time on my hands...

6. What is your greatest accomplishment?

I'll get sappy with this one and say my kids. Although, had I an Oscar, the girls would be playing second fiddle to the little gold man on Mommy's mantle.

7. What drives you every day?

My car! HA! I wonder if Oprah would laugh... She probably wouldn't. I bet her driver drives her everyday. I'd like to have a driver. Oh, right, back to the question. My kids and my "faith". Most people with children know what I mean, things might be a little different at my house if I didn't have the girls to consider. Despite the jokes I may have made/will make, they come first. Probably need to explain the quotes around faith. I hesitate to use a lot of the labels associated with Christianity because they have come to have such a hypocritical and hokey connotation. Yes, by definition, I am a Christian. It is my religion. I have faith and a personal relationship with Jesus. Somehow, though, these labels don't adequately describe what drives me everyday. I won't go too deeply into it, let's face it, religious conversations usually go two ways: 1. the talker babbles on and on and the listener's eyes glaze over and they begin to resemble a bobble head; and 2. debate sparks, indignations rise, and people get offended. I'd rather just avoid those scenarios altogether. That being said, should you have questions about what I, personally, believe, feel free to email me and ask. I'm happy to answer questions in a way that is neither derogatory or preachy.

8. What is your favorite food?

Ask my friend, Cindi, she knows...
There is a restaurant where I live that is run by a genuine Italian and has the most AMAZING dish called the Don Special. According to the menu, it's breaded chicken sauteed with fresh garlic, melted cheese over pasta with a white wine lemon sauce. You. Don't. Even. Know. If it weren't frowned upon in polite society, I'd LICK the DAMN PLATE. If they don't come take the plate from me right away when I've finished, I find myself running my finger over the remaining sauce and lapping it up like I haven't just inhaled the whole dish. I'm not kidding, I could eat it every day. Every. Day.
I also have a penchant for tiramisu. Said restaurant also makes a killer tiramisu. If it weren't for the guilt (and the exorbitant cost), I'd order a pan of the stuff and sit down with a fork. I'll put it this way, I can't think of a situation in which I would say "no" to tiramisu...unless it's that crappy short-cute recipe business that doesn't taste anything like the real thing.
Long story short, if you want something from me, the best way to butter me up is to serve me the Don Special followed by a heaping portion of tiramisu. I'll most likely say yes.

9. Where do you want to retire?

At this point in my life, I just want us to be ABLE to retire. If I could retire anywhere, it would be Disneyland. I'm so not kidding. I think it would be FANTASTIC to live close enough that I can go on the weekends, although I don't want to live in CA. I suppose that means I better have lotsa moolah so I can afford to fly back and forth often. My minions need to do their part and spread my blog around so I can get a book deal or something and can write stupid crap on the internet for a substantial living. I need a back up plan in case pimping my kids out doesn't pan out, I have no desire to be a Wal-Mart greeter...

10. What is your business goal this year?

Seeing as there is less than a month left in this year, my goals aren't all too lofty. Next year, however, is a different story. I'll be launching my ecrater site and filing numbers, IDs, taxes, and all that other stuff that will enable me to become a legit business owner. Hopefully, I'll also begin to broaden my customer base AND my inventory. Mom can't wait until I have a legit dba, not because she will be proud of her entrepreneurial daughter, but because she wants to go to market in Dallas. Yeah, she's planned the trip already.

Ok, kids, I'm hitting the sack. I am SO pooped, I actually worked hard at the gym today (and I may or may not have rewarded myself with a smoothie that tasted like a Snickers bar in a cup). There are 10 more riveting questions left in Oprah's arsenal. Stay tuned!

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment