Monday, December 6, 2010

Oprah started it, pt. I

In an attempt to blog more, I've found a list of questions that Oprah, herself, suggests when getting to know someone. Her idea is to put them in a bowl at a dinner party and have guests each take one and answer it. Martha would put the calligraphied questions on hand-made paper in a bowl she threw and glazed herself which would perch perfectly on the tablescape that matches, not only the food (made from homegrown produce, of course), but the hostesses attire. Right. My idea of a dinner party is this: meet at a restaurant (the dinner) that serves drinks (the party).

Hence, I'll answer them myself. Besides, who's more interesting than me?? Well, aside from that Dos Equis guy...

1. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?

My favorite celebrity as a child?? Do cartoon characters count? I did have a thing for Meet Me in St. Louis. It was my favorite movie in kindergarten. I know, weird kid. I'll go with Judy Garland. Although I was a big fan of Bill Cosby in his Picture Pages years...

2. What type of pets do you have?

I have two children and a husband... Oh, you meant animals, ah, well, then, none. I don't like animals. No, I can't say that, they do taste delicious with bar-b-que sauce!

3. What is your favorite color?

For real? This question made Oprah's "getting to know you" list?? Should I be preparing for future questions like "What's your favorite number" and "When's your birthday"? You'd think of all people Oprah could do better than this. She interviews people for a living, for God's sake...a GOOD living. This is pitiful. I'm boycotting this question and refusing to answer.

4. What is most memorable about your high school years?

Uh, that they sucked. Whose didn't? And if you are thinking, "I loved high school, it was so much fun" then you are probably one of the people I had secret fantasies of ending up fat and penniless one day...how's that going for you?

5. What word describes you best?

I hate these kind of questions. How should I know? I don't go around describing myself in one word. "Hi, nice to meet you. My name's Amanda and I'm jocular." (Here you go, look it up...) And let me just point out that, if asked this question, an answer springs immediately to mind, you spend WAY too much time thinking about yourself and what it means to be you...either that, or you've attended one of Oprah's dinner parties.

That's all for today, folks. Be sure to tune in for the next scintillating installment of questions about me to which no one cares to know the answer! *cue game show music and canned applause here*

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

PS. Had to share, the receptionist at the health club spa the other day thought I was 19! It made my day. Granted, she thought this knowing I have a 3 year old, so, whatever she was thinking about me was probably not very complimentary, but I'm ignoring that part...

2 comments:

  1. I want just a simple like button for these post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS GREAT! I love that we think the same thing when we think dinner party. I love reading your posts, your so funny!

    ReplyDelete