Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Appeasing the masses

I've been badgered to blog more. Like I said, I'm appeasing the masses. (The "masses" consisting of two of my MOMS Club friends and my cousin... They can take away my computer, but they can't take away my sense of self-importance.)
Clayton comes home June 2nd!! Yahoo! I excitedly made an appointment for us to get family pictures the first Saturday he is home. I have been looking forward to it until it occurred to me, I have to be in these photos...suck... What am I going to wear??? I may have to get something new as I don't want all the pictures to show me plucking my shirt away from my stomach roll. I also don't want to look pregnant. Speaking of, I have been asked THREE TIMES over the last 4 months if I'm expecting, by women no less! I wanted to tell them that I'm "expecting" to lose 15 lbs, thank you for asking, but I don't think that is what Jesus would do...
AC is growing like a weed and cracks me up regularly. A few weeks ago we were at the mall when she decided she has to "poo-poo-potty". (Which includes pee, poo, and gas...let me tell you, I love maneuvering my cart in the bathroom and papering the toilet seat all while chanting "Don't touch" like a savant only for her to sit on the toilet and fart.) She is sitting on the toilet when a woman comes in to use the stall beside us. When AC hears her pee, she starts clapping and shouting "Yay!!! Poo poo da potty! Canny!" , her version of what I say at home when she goes in the potty. Can you believe this woman didn't even laugh??? I would have fallen off the toilet in a fit of hysteria. In fact, I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. Speaking of potty training, anyone who says they potty trained their kids in 3 days is either lying or has a magic wand. AC has been pooping on the potty since February with only three accidents. Pee is another story. I clean up at least 3 puddles a day and although everyone says not to use Pull-Ups, I do. Call me crazy, but I don't relish changing my daughter's clothes in the grocery store bathroom while the poor stock boy has to clean up a pee lake in the middle of produce. Maybe I'm just not going at it hard enough, but, really, I have errands to run and things that need done. She's not even two, I think we are ahead of the game and if you think otherwise, keep it to yourself, my child is a GENIUS!
My genius is also a parrot. She repeats EVERYTHING. I think it's hilarious. She doesn't hear anything she shouldn't according to me. Her pre-school teacher may have an opposing view. I think it's funny when she says "crap", "oh my gosh", "darn it", and "Wat up, yo". I also think it's funny when she says a word that sounds like something else. For example, when she says "frog", it sounds very much like another four letter word that starts with "f". "Upset" sounds like "Oh, sh*t" and so on. I get her to say those particular words all the time because it cracks me up... Am I a bad mother? No, just one with a sense of humor.

Until then,
AC's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment