Friday, May 22, 2009

Some days are just good days


Ever have a day that, no matter what your child does, you can't help but look at them and feel overwhelmed? Not in a bad way either, but overwhelmed by how much you love that little person.

AC doesn't suffer from lack of attention or affection on any given day, however, on those good days, she is smothered. I want to hold her, kiss her, and ingrain her sweet smell into my memory as I know it won't last forever. I don't ever find myself wishing she were older or wishing days would pass faster (except when I'm counting down the days until I see Clayton). In general I try to hold onto every moment I have. Too soon, your cuddly newborn wants to crawl on the floor, then walk, then is learning to use the potty; I don't even want to BEGIN to think about school.

It's bittersweet to see her grow and develop. Bitter in that she, bit by bit, doesn't need me anymore and sweet in that I can see that I'm raising an independent, well-adjusted child. She really is that, independent and well-adjusted. I couldn't be more proud of her, not because of, but in spite of my abilities as a mother.

One day I won't hear, "Hold you, Momma", but I pray that I am raising her in a way that "I love you, Momma" never goes away.


Until then,

AC's Mom

2 comments:

  1. That picture of you two couldn't have gone with a better post.
    Keep up the good work Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great picture of you too! I love the post also.

    ReplyDelete