Monday, May 25, 2009

I feel like a newlywed...*sigh*

Clayton comes home in 8 days! It feels as though there is so much to do and so much that I haven't done to get ready for him to come home. I have already started straightening and I need to do laundry (things that can be done now). However, most of the items on my "to do" list are things that will need to be done in the few days before his arrival: vacuuming and washing the car, sweeping the garage and porches, cleaning the house, washing the sheets, etc. Don't think me ridiculous, but I called a friend who cleans houses to come and clean for me the day he comes home. It's just one less thing for me to stress about. By the time I get everything straightened and organized (Clayton is WAY organized and I am not), I won't have the energy to clean as well as I want to.

I didn't think it would be so stressful for him to come home. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited to see him again, euphoric, but I didn't expect to be nervous to see him. My friend, Katie, warned me about this, but I didn't think it would apply to us. I was WRONG! I know my apprehension is self-made, but I can't help it! He has lost 60 lbs! I have lost NONE... Do you know what that does to my psyche??? He will come home all good lookin' only to be greeted by the tubby, frazzled wife he left behind. I know that he loves me no matter what, but I just don't want him to be disappointed on any level. I'm doing what I can. I will get waxed and spray tanned just before he comes home, that will make me feel a little better. I may still be fat, but at least I will be golden and streamlined! Like Mom says, "Tan fat looks better than pasty fat."

I have also been getting AC prepared to see him. I don't want her to be scared or freaked out. I don't think she will be. She has talked to him often enough on the phone, looked at LOTS of pictures, and we talk about him all the time. She may not totally understand what is happening, but she knows that, whatever it is, it is a good thing; something to be excited about. She has been bouncing around like a demented squirrel lately chanting, "Daddy, daddy, daddy". He has also promised her that we will go to the toy store and she can pick out a tricycle when he gets home. I don't know that she really knows what a tricycle is, but, let me tell you, she is STOKED! She has been tell everyone, "Daddy home. Toy store. Cycle. I pick it!" We have also been practicing what she will say and do when she sees him. She is all about running and yelling for him, hugging and kissing him, and telling him, "I lub you, Daddy." Whether she actually performs is another matter entirely, but I hope she does. All in all, I think she is excited enough that it will be a fun experience for her and she will warm up to him quickly.





Don't expect too many blogs when he is home!






Skinny Amanda, she DID exist!!


Until then,


AC's Mom




1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but girl you look 10X more beautiful now than in that picture!!!
    In the picture you look SO young, and cute but now you look beautiful.

    I am so glad he's home. I hope you all have a wonderful time while he's here.

    ReplyDelete