Thursday, January 27, 2011

Losing the spark

I was feeling ambitious and oh, so virtuous when I logged on to sparkpeople.com.  For those who don't know what this is, it's a free website on which you enter your current weight information, weight loss goals, and a time frame in which to meet them.  The website then creates a "plan" for you to follow.  After purposefully ignoring my former goals (that are over two years old) and adjusting them to reflect my ambition to lose 10 lbs by the time Clayton comes home, I moved on to the "plan" part.  This includes both a meal plan and an exercise regime.  Knowing my limits, I bypassed the whole exercise bit and went on to the food.  Breakfast of an apple, a few crackers, and peanut butter...  Okay, what's for lunch?  Veggies and hummus...  That-that sounds...healthy...  I dutifully scrolled through the menus for the week creating a grocery list consisting of various fruits and vegetables with a few grains thrown in for variety.
"There," I sighed, sitting back with a productive air, "I feel thinner already."
Then I went into the kitchen, ate a donut, and made my real grocery list.

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment