Monday, January 17, 2011

She works hard for the money

And that's just one drawer of ribbon emptied!
Tomorrow I am going to the Small Business Development Center to attend a seminar on...well, small business.  It's a requirement in order to see someone about getting everything set up so that I am an actual small business!  There's SO much to wade through, so I am pretty excited about having road map.

The unfortunate part of the deal is that, in our current house, I don't really have a space for all my supplies. Ultimately, I'd like to have a room or at least a corner of a room in which Clayton builds me some wall units for storage, a desk with workspace, etc.  Until then, however, I have to make do and I am rapidly outgrowing my available options!  The up side of that problem is that I have a lot of supplies.  That's good for business.

I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to start making the carseat blankets, covers, and nursing covers in coordinating fabrics to sell alone or in sets.  We'll see if I can get her started on it!

Yesterday, AC and I went to the mall to find her some silver flats and black boots.  It was terrible, we hit up EVERY store that carries children's shoes to no avail.  If they did happen to have silver flats, there weren't any in her size and there were no black toddler boots at all...unless you count the Ugg-style Sketchers with sparkles and graphics all over them and those are NOT what I wanted.  I ended up finding some pewter Jessica Simpson flats at Dillards.  I didn't even know Jessica Simpson made children's shoes!  Needless to say, I found the same shoes in my size and got them too.

I better get off here and clean up.  Yeah, it's almost noon and we are still in our pajamas...  It's that kind of day.

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment