Friday, November 12, 2010

Snow-induced workload

Okay, I'm confused... It was 70+ degrees out yesterday, thunderstormed last night, and we woke up to snow this morning. Seriously?!?

We stayed up pretty late last night as I knew we didn't have anything to do today other than laundry. It was a pretty strong storm, lots of lightning and thunder, a littlebit of hail. Nothing too terrible. I checked my weather app and it showed two severe weather alerts, one for flooding and the other for a strong storm that could produce hail.

We must've been SUPER tired because all three of us slept soundly all snuggled up in Mommy's bed. We woke up this morning, immediately took showers and put on clean pajamas, it was about 10 a.m. when we walked into the living room to discover there was snow outside! Unfortunately, Mommy also noticed there were branches ALL OVER THE YARD. In the driveway too! Sh*t, are you kidding me? My husband isn't here, this means I have to clean this crap up... I'm a girl, that's not my job. (Yes, I know that's "so sexist", but when sexism works in my favor, I'm all for it.)

AC was thrilled and wanted to go outside and make snow angels and eat snow. It's a little too muddy and slushy out there, so, according to her, it was the height of unfairness when I put on my down coat and waterproof boots and slogged outside into the cold to "play". Let me assure you, Mommy would've gladly delegated the "playing" to someone else had there been anyone else to do it. I briefly considered calling the kid who mowed my lawn this summer to come and clear out the branches...

First on the list, clear off the satelite so NickJr could babysit my child while I was outside. This, of course, resulted in a deluge of slushy snow down the back of my coat. Hooray. I then had to take out the trash, I was seriously wishing I had done it the night before. That'll learn me to procrastinate... While out there I noticed that, what I assume must have been the wind, had blown open the gate to the front yard despite the padlock that we have on there. Strange.

I slogged all those branches to the backyard and then dug out the gate to the alley and piled them all next to the dumpster. There was only one in the front yard that I couldn't get. It was just TOO heavy.

It was SO nice to come inside to the cozy new scent I have in my Scentsy warmer, Baked Apple Pie. I am now thawing on the couch with a hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee. I am glad that is over, I don't think I've missed Clayton so much since I found a dead mouse under the sink...

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You needed to let her "help" you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the trash comment! I did the same thing. Woke up and thought...Crap now I have to take the trash out in this crap! And to top it off I had to go to Wal-Mart in that snow b/c Chase was literally wearing his last diaper! Talk about procrastination!

    ReplyDelete