Thursday, April 12, 2012

This flarpin' sucks...

As a part of her Easter basket, AC received some "noise putty" (aka Flarp).  The fart-like noises caused squeals of delight from both girls and provided much entertainment in it's short life in our household.  Today, however, that life came to an end.

AC had asked to play with her "fart goo" today and I agreed, stipulating she must keep it at her table.  She played with an air of gleeful disgust for a good 20 minutes until I heard "Uh, oh..."

In an attempt to make a goo necklace, she had succeeded in smashing the goo into, not only her hair, but had ground it into the collar and down the back of her shirt.

hooray.

Mommy calmly threw away the remaining goo and marched her into the bathroom armed with canola oil and a fine toothed comb.  It took a good (and greasy) 30 minutes to meticulously comb the goo out of her hair.  She had at least half of the jar it matted into the hair at the nape of her neck.  This kid has a LOT of hair and it's LONG.  Needless to say, she didn't get in trouble, removal was punishment enough, there were cries and shouts of pain galore despite my best efforts to limit the pain.  Rory had to get in on it and stand in the bathroom crying for reasons she knew not.

After cleaning up that mess and washing her hair in the shower, it was time to head to my favorite restaurant for dinner.  I was SO ready for it after that debacle...so ready, in fact, that I ordered 4 desserts to go.  In my defense, the restaurant was hosting a fundraiser for AC's school in which the school receives 20% of all sales, so, the more money I spend, the more money the school makes.  According to my rationale, I can just hand the money to the school OR I can donate to the school and get dessert.  Dessert wins every time.

By the way, vinegar gets fart goo out of clothing...  I wish there was no cause to know this...

Until Then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment