Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Keister

The title has no bearing what-so-ever on the content of this post.  I just like rhyming "Easter" and "keister" and, really, what other time of year can you do that??

Trying to find a parking space at church on Easter Sunday is awful.  Hence, we decided to go on Saturday night.  Being the OCD person that I am (OCD meaning I am highly anal retentive in some areas and irritatingly lax in others), I thought I heard that there would be an additional service at 4:30 p.m.  We all got ready and showed up to church only to find that it had, in fact, started at 4...

To me, this is no biggie.  Let's go pop a squat on the couches and wait for the 5:30 service.  To my mother, however, this is unconscionable.  She fumed on a chair in the vestibule and shot me dirty looks the entire hour.  Her discomfort was furthered by the fact that she forgot her watch.  Are you kidding??  I don't even own a watch that works let alone wear one.

On the upside, we went to Napoli's after service for dinner.  This is my FAVORITE restaurant EVER.  The food is fantastic and there are members of the staff that remember me waddling in there as a hungry pregnant woman.  My girls got hugs and free cheesecake.  Rory was shouting the whole time I was feeding her bites "I like it!"

Tomorrow we'll sleep in, color and hunt eggs, and bake a ham.  I'm hoping it'll be a little warmer so we can go outside.

Until Then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment