Friday, February 17, 2012

Ugly Scars Revealed

It's been a while since I've blogged and, apparently, there are people who ACTUALLY miss it.  I know, right?!?  (Ok, so, it's, like, my mom and two other people, don't rain on my parade.)  In the many moons since I've posted, I've been writing in my own thought journal, but most of those things are a little too personal to share with the world wide web.

If you've read past blogs, you know that there isn't much I'm afraid to admit about myself.  I declared my weight for all to see and then copped to the fact that I got obsessive about dieting and am back to my fatty self.  That being said, there's something that's really been on my heart to share:

I struggle with depression and anxiety.  

I've been battling these two for quite some time, but have recently felt a burden to tell people.  Those close to me have known for some time and I'm continuing to combat this with the help of my counsellor, my doctor, and the support of my family.  I feel as though God is asking me to be brave enough to bare my scars.  There have been people in my life (one in particular) whose transparency, though difficult for them, was a comfort and a blessing.  Their bravery gave me hope and showed me that it's okay to not be okay.  The torch has passed and now it's my turn:

Whatever you are going through, someone else has been there and made it out alive.  Don't suffer alone.  You don't have to shout it from the rooftops, but find someone you trust and be brave enough to ask for help.  When you take the risk and reveal those ugly scars there will be those who judge you, but let me tell you from experience, there will be FAR less of those than you think.  God has your heart in His hand, trust Him with it.  I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

Quoted from: http://arzzzkiyahai.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment