Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this...

I hate cleaning the house.  I love a clean house and am a little anal about it, but I HATE actually doing it.  I used to have someone who came in every 2 weeks to clean my entire 1200 sq feet of living space, but started to feel guilty about paying someone to do something I should be doing myself.  Besides, they never do as well as I'd like.  No kidding, I want the rugs pulled up and furniture moved out in order to sweep and mop.  I don't think I could find anyone with legal citizenship to do that for a reasonable amount.

When reading The Help, I was sufficiently appalled at the working conditions of African American women at that particular place and time in history, but I have to admit, at the same time, I wish I could afford an Abileen.  I don't care what race, religion, etc., she is, but how great would it be to have someone to come over and take care of you??  Like Alice from the Brady Bunch minus the irritating voice and constant slapstick expressions.  I'd love a grandmotherly sort to come cook, clean, and good-naturedly berate me for leaving my coffee cup on the end table.

Maybe someday when inspiration strikes and I become the next JK Rowling, I can afford it.  As for now, I suppose I have to do it my damned self...  *sigh*

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment