Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Give it 30 days

The reason I am such a sporadic blogger is that I am constantly without inspiration (proof of which can be seen in my numerous baby poop stories...)  In an attempt to remedy this, I am taking up the 30 day writing challenge listed here.  I don't know that each and every day what I write will end up posted on the internet, but I'll attempt to modify and post everything that I can.

I'm taking up this challenge because I want to write.  I enjoy writing and, usually, will be impressed with myself when going back to read things I have written in the past.  As with any art, the technique, not the subject are what makes it good art.  To quote one of the best teachers I've ever had, Julie Mahoney, "You should be able to draw a pile of dog turds and make it interesting."   The more I drew in college, the better I got.  In my opinion, the same goes with writing.  So, you, dear audience, are my guinea pigs.  Consider these next 30 days (maybe longer, don't know that I'll be able to write EVERY day, I am a mom, ya know) to be my assignment and you, well, aside from the "guinea pig" moniker, I can't think of an appropriate label.  Unless of course, you want to be the teacher and "grade" me...  If that's the case, I reserve the right to disregard your criticisms with sarcastic rebuttals.  Just so ya know...

Until then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment