Monday, April 25, 2011

Wee in the Wee Hours

Last night I agreed to let AC sleep in my bed.  Around 11 p.m., knackered, I was really looking forward to crawling under the covers passing out for the night.  I fling back the comforter and slide in only to feel something warm and wet.  Yep, AC peed.

Can I tell you how much thrilled I was to have to sponge off and redress an understandably stinky and whiny 3 year old before having to strip my bed and wash the sheets??  I tossed everything in the washer and crawled into AC's little twin bed next to her waking intermittently to toss it into the dryer and then, finally, to climb into my own bed with clean sheets at 2:30 a.m.

I think my kids were unwittingly out to get me because no sooner did I close my eyes, than Rory decided she wasn't sleepy anymore.  I spent the next hour and a half trying to get her back to sleep.

This really is par for the course around here.  It makes me wonder WHY it is that I am having a hard time losing weight.  Seriously, I feel like, aside from small spaces of time here and there, I am ALWAYS moving in order to clean up, get someone something, put something away, etc.  I think I'm going to spend the rest of my life petitioning God to change the rules.  Moms should have metabolisms that run double time.

Until Then,
AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment