Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We're having a dry run

I awoke this morning to a toilet that wouldn't flush due to a tank that wasn't full.  Upon further inspection (i.e. some panicked faucet handle jiggling), nothing else would fill either.  MY PIPES ARE FROZEN.  Fabulous.  No water...at all.  And the first thing on AC's agenda?  A nice big bowel movement.  No joke.

After a few messages to my landlady, a call in to my father-in-law, and conferring with my dad, I suited up and headed out to the backyard armed with my hairdryer and a firm determination to end this predicament. As luck would have it, my extension cord wasn't long enough.  When my father-in-law showed up with a longer cord and a few 5 gallon jugs of water, he informed me that the fact that my extension cord wasn't long enough was fortuitous indeed...I was intending to thaw the gas line.  Mmm-hmmm.

Discussions with my landlady and a few local plumbers led me to my final conclusion: I'm screwed...at least until the ground thaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment