Friday, February 18, 2011

Oprah Started It: The Final Chapter



If you're just joining us, I'm answering the last of Oprah's dinner party questions. Don't ask, I have time on my hands...
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
Give birth.  No, seriously...
  • How do you want to be remembered?
Fondly.  I want my kids to be proud of me and the life I lived.
  • What would you do with a million dollars?
If I had a million dollars...  Was anyone else singing that line?  No, just me?  Oh...
I'd do a lot of responsible stuff like paying off debt, buying a house, building up savings and our IRAs, and setting up college and wedding funds for the girls.  I'd probably do a few fun and crazy things like getting the girls castle beds, buying Clayton a Skyline, and taking myself on a fabulous trip to Scotland after I recovered from corrective breast surgery.  (Let's face it, no one likes the post-natal wind-sock boob look.)
What I want to know is, why is Oprah asking this question?  Research?  Does she have so much money she has to see what OTHER people would do with it in order to garner ideas??  If I have the best answer will she GIVE me a million dollars??  No?  Damn...
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
I'd want to be on an island with someone who could get me off the damn island.  Seriously, though, I need more information than that.  Is it a fabulous resort island?  A deserted island?  Gilligan's Island??  An I stranded or am I on vacation?  I think by the time we established the parameters of this fictitious scenario, the asker wouldn't give a crap WHAT my answer is.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
Again...is Oprah looking for ideas?  I already WENT to high school.  I don't want to go back.  By the way, I did give a 10 minute speech in high school.  It was about abstinence...yeah, I was super-popular...

Until Then,

AC 'n' Rory's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment