Sunday, March 1, 2009

Inconsistent? Me? No...

Seeing as this is the first blog in two months, I think I might be a tad inconsistent. Or maybe more of a procrastinator.
(Insert genius transition material here.)
I just got finished reading Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. You. Must. Read. This. Book. Holy mother, I think I have found my new role model. Being the pathetic stalker that I am, I messaged her on MySpace. What a loser. (Yes, I will post if she replies, but if she doesn't, kindly do not mention my piteous behavior.)
AC is sprouting an attitude and, quite frankly, I have NO IDEA where she gets it. Could she possibly be imitating me when rolling her eyes complete with the sardonic throat-clearing noise? No...
I may not have mentioned previously that I am attempting to lose the weight I packed on while pregnant. My MOMS Club is doing a weight loss challenge in which we all complete challenges and weigh in once a week reminiscent of "Biggest Loser". Good Lord, I think my team is going to kick me off. I gained 4 lbs the first week and have since maintained those damn pounds the remaining weeks. I deduced rather quickly that merely deciding I want to lose weight was not enough. I had to actually DO something. Thus began my OCD-esque calorie counting. For real, I was starving. No wonder super models are reputed to be horrible. I was a raving b*tch because I was STARVING!!!!
Okay, 86 the calorie counting.
Then came working out. That was ok. I joined the local community college gym and by doing so forfeited childcare, classes, and a pool, but saved an unconscionable sum in membership fees. What I was doing was apparently not working, so I have hired a trainer. I will meet with her once a month to re-evaluate my fitness regime and diet. At first I thought she was the happiness gestapo, but have since let the words of wisdom sink in. I believe I am ready to "grow up" and stop eating like I did in college. All along, I think I was hoping by some miracle I would fit into my size 4 jeans again. It's time to take responsibility for my wellness, both physically and mentally...adulthood sucks like that.

Until then,

AC's Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ariel! Ok, I visited your blog! Nice to know some people have the talent and knowledge to create a blog! I guess I can call myself a stay at home mom these days too, since the RE market is uh pretty "slow" right now. Good luck with your body goals! And don't stress yourself out trying to attain Donna Reed perfection. There is no such thing.

    ReplyDelete