Tuesday, December 30, 2008

An old conversation

I have a beef. It's an old beef (eew, old beef?), but a beef nonetheless. I have discussed this with my mom and she could offer no satisfactory answer...

Did you watch this? Since when are M&Ms more than just cute little candy characters? When did they develop a sexual appetite and WHY does CANDY need sex appeal to sell??? It's utterly ridiculous. Honestly, what the hell do Red, Yellow, and Blue think they are going to do if confronted with a willing Green? Smack shells until they crack? Melt one another?
Furthermore, I don't understand why it is necessary to sully an otherwise innocuous, innocent treat for children. Granted, you aren't going to be buying M&M Premiums for your kids...or at least I won't. But still, I remember the greens being my favorite and whenever Mom and Dad would take me to the mall, I knew I would get an M&M cookie in the food court. I always looked for the one with the most green candies and, on one occasion, gave my dad a bite of my cookie only to cry inconsolably after he unknowingly bit the only green M&M off the cookie. Must these memories now be marred by sex? *sigh*
This is a short post, but something that has been bothering me since they started these inane M&M Premium commercials... Thanks for letting me vent.

Until then,

AC's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment